Re: Europa-List: Rotec Liquid Cooled Heads for the Jabiru 3300

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rotec Liquid Cooled Heads for the Jabiru 3300
From: Carl Meek <carlmeek@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 22:56:44
However they tested this and concluded it cooled without water pump no worse
 than the factory heads. Sounds good to me!

Sent from my iPhone

On 28 Oct 2011, at 21:37, Nigel Graham <nigel_graham@m-tecque.co.uk> wrote:

> Looks like an elegant solution to well documented problem. The only potent
ial problem I can see (and the LAA might object to) is that it uses an elect
ic water pump and this makes it dependant on the electrical system. With a b
elt driven mechanical water pump (automotive practice) this could work.

> Nigel
>
> On Fri 28/10/11 08:38 , Carl Meek carlmeek@gmail.com sent:
>
> Hi,
>
> This is my first post, I hope it works!  I'm posting this to the Europa li
st rather than the Jabiru engine list because the Jab 3300 getting too hot s
eems to be a specific Europa problem, even listed on the LAA's approval docu
ment as an issue!

> Anyway, I have been looking at the ROTEC LCH (Liquid Cooled Heads) and I t
hink this is a really interesting idea, bringing a key feature across from t
he Rotax engines.  They claim that in an hour of ground running at WOT the h
eads only hit 200 degrees!

> Here's the link:
> http://www.rotecaerosport.com/product-info/lch/
>
> I'm posting on here not to spark a "Jabiru vs Rotax" debate, we all know h
ow that debate goes, I'm simply looking for people's thoughts on this idea.
 Technical and otherwise.

> My other particular line of enquiry is how likely this is to get Prototype
 Modification Approval with the LAA, how onerous this will be, how much down
 time the aircraft is likely to have as a result.

=========
=========
=========
=========