Europa-List: Rotec Liquid Cooled Heads for the Jabiru 3300

Subject: Europa-List: Rotec Liquid Cooled Heads for the Jabiru 3300
From: Carl Meek <carlmeek@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 08:38:47
Hi,

This is my first post, I hope it works!  I'm posting this to the Europa list
rather than the Jabiru engine list because the Jab 3300 getting too hot
seems to be a specific Europa problem, even listed on the LAA's approval
document as an issue!

Anyway, I have been looking at the ROTEC LCH (Liquid Cooled Heads) and I
think this is a really interesting idea, bringing a key feature across from
the Rotax engines.  They claim that in an hour of ground running at WOT the
heads only hit 200 degrees!

Here's the link:
http://www.rotecaerosport.com/product-info/lch/

I'm posting on here not to spark a "Jabiru vs Rotax" debate, we all know how
that debate goes, I'm simply looking for people's thoughts on this idea.
Technical and otherwise.

My other particular line of enquiry is how likely this is to get Prototype
Modification Approval with the LAA, how onerous this will be, how much down
time the aircraft is likely to have as a result.

Regards,
-Carl.