Re: Europa-List: Rotec Liquid Cooled Heads for the Jabiru 3300

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rotec Liquid Cooled Heads for the Jabiru 3300
From: ANTHONY HIGGINS <anthonyhiggins596@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 11:52:48
Hi,=0A-=0ABest to check this with LAA. I have checked and it seems to be
a dead end. Some thing to do with Jabiru not allowing the engine to be seen
 as a new type in the UK.=0A-=0ARegards Tony Higgins,=0AEuropa Mono G-CHA
H Airmaster Prop=0A=0A=0A________________________________=0AFrom: Carl Meek
 <carlmeek@gmail.com>=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com=0ASent: Friday, 28 Oc
tober 2011, 8:38=0ASubject: Europa-List: Rotec Liquid Cooled Heads for the
Jabiru 3300=0A=0A=0AHi,=0A=0AThis is my first post, I hope it works! -I'm
 posting this to the Europa list rather than the Jabiru engine list because
 the Jab 3300 getting too hot seems to be a specific Europa problem, even l
isted on the LAA's approval document as an issue!=0A=0AAnyway, I have been
looking at the ROTEC LCH (Liquid Cooled Heads) and I think this is a really
 interesting idea, bringing a key feature across from the Rotax engines.
-They claim that in an hour of ground running at WOT the heads only hit 2
00 degrees!=0A=0AHere's the link:=0Ahttp://www.rotecaerosport.com/product-i
nfo/lch/=0A=0AI'm posting on here not to spark a "Jabiru vs Rotax" debate,
we all know how that debate goes, I'm simply looking for people's thoughts
on this idea. -Technical and otherwise.=0A=0AMy other particular line of
enquiry is how likely this is to get Prototype Modification Approval with t
he LAA, how onerous this will be, how much down time the aircraft is likely
====