RE: Europa-List: Door Mech Coverplates

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Door Mech Coverplates
From: Greg Fuchs <gregoryf.flyboy@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 10:03:16
AH HAHAHA!!! LOL.  So true!!!  Murphy is a very strong force. This is for
Jims statement :)   ......and this is for Murphy :P

I am still wrestling with this decision as well, and keep trying to think of
a way to restore more strength so as not to have to bond...such as large
overlaps, and a sliding fit with overlapping glass used as bonds on the
sides, but unattatched (or something like that).
No conclusions yet...sorry. Just felt like piping in with interest in the
subject, even with the lack of gameplan and to hack on ol' Murph :)

Greg Fuchs

  _____

From: owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com
jimpuglise@comcast.net

Tony-

You need to keep our friend Murphy in mind.  "If it can't possibly break, it
will."  On the other hand, if you put in a couple of nut plates and screw
them on, you will never need to remove them.  This is the second corollary
to Murphy's Law.  "Any part that is easily accessible will not break."

Jim Puglise
A238

  _____

From: "Tony Renshaw" <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>
Hi,
I am of two minds whether to screw or bond on my door mech coverplates.
Finally, I am satisfied I have done a good job in there, so am wondering
whether returning the original strength might have some merit. I realize to
redux them in place creates quite a problem if I need to get in there, but
in reality what is the chances. Any advice much appreciat