Re: Europa-List: Door Mech Coverplates

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Door Mech Coverplates
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 20:10:11
I love "Jim's Corollary"...and am glad to know from Bob that the
bonding in of the covers is reversible.

For myself, I'm content w/ having installed the nutplates,
irrespective of what the manual directs. The manual is silent on
strength and stiffness issues related to the door sill...and I was not
happy w/ their flexibility. To stiffen up the sills, I followed John
Lawton's lead by laying up a 3 layer BID quarter round beneath them
which forms part of the raceways (port for electric power, stbd for
pneumatics and antennas). Sills are now stiff as...well, let's just
say very stiff.

Fred