Re: Europa-List: Door Mech Coverplates

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Door Mech Coverplates
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 13:39:02

Tony,

I cogitated on this for quite a while before going ahead and following the build
manual and bonding the covers in place.  Probably because they were bonded
(thanks
to Murphy), it became necessary to gain access to the innards several years
later.  The brief application of heat from a heat-gun allowed the covers
to be popped off quite easily.  Not as easy as a couple screws into nut-plates,
but still easy.

I fully intend to bond them on again.

Blue skies & tailwinds,
Bob Borger
http://www.europaowners.org/N914XL
Europa XS, Short Wing, Intercooled Rotax 914
rlborger@mac.com
Cel: 817-992-1117

On Sep 9, 2011, at 9:06 PM, Tony Renshaw wrote:

> Hi,
> I am of two minds whether to screw or bond on my door mech coverplates.
> Finally,
I am satisfied I have done a good job in there, so am wondering whether
returning
the original strength might have some merit. I realize to redux them in
place creates quite a problem if I need to get in there, but in reality what
is the chances. Any advice much appreciated.