Re: Europa-List: 914 Prop Question

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 914 Prop Question
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 10:05:09

Tim, I wouldn't be without my wobbly prop - would rather trade in the 914
for a 912S if pressed to the choice. You may have a long runway to base
yourself at but it's likely you will want to get in/out of  a short grass
strip or a shortish, high, hot runway where every bit of performance is
welcome. There is also the consideration that the speed range of the Europa
is so wide (stall speed less than a third of maximum cruise speed) that a
fixed pitch prop inevitably seriously cramps performance at one or other end
of the range..
Regards, David Joyce, G-XSDJ