Re: Europa-List: Woodcomp after Sales Service

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Woodcomp after Sales Service
From: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 18:16:07

On 06/26/2011 04:02 PM, Paul McAllister wrote:
> I was very impressed with the results that David Joyce got with his SR
> 3000W propeller from Woodcomp.  I would like to some feedback from the
> forum about there after sales experience from Woodcomp.  Please give me
> the 'good, the bad and the ugly'

I got excellent support and advice when I was ordering the propeller
---From Woodcomp directly and delivery was prompt. After that I had no
reason to contact them again as the prop works flawlessly and performs
better than expected. Had to service it at 50 hours and did that at a
local Woodcomp dealer. Found that one spinner screw was missing and got
a complete new spinner fastening set free of charge. Ordered spare
brushes, but at the 100 hour check I discovered that the brushes were
almost like new and it looks like it is going to take a long while
before I have to replace them.

Have now 100+ hours but have had no issues with the prop.
A few notes though:
1) I'm using the controller from Smart Avionics which is very
configurable and able to match the prop exactly to the engine/airframe
characteristics.
2) I have a prop with feather capability (to anticipate a potential
future use of the glider wings). The props with feather capability have
a stronger and faster motor. Maybe this is the reason why the Woodcomp
prop behaves like a hydraulic prop and reacts so fast that it never
allows the RPM to surge off its target.

Hope this helps,

Frans