Europa-List: Throttle cables

Subject: Europa-List: Throttle cables
From: JonSmith <jonsmitheuropa@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 00:14:37

Hi all, just a quick question.  Should the stranded wire throttle cables be
lubricated
in any way or left dry?  I'm in the process of fitting a Rotax (changing
to a Rotax from an alternative engine type) and am about to bolt the throttle
box and cables into the plane.  Having fitted the cables into the throttle
box they seem slightly stiff to move, but admittedly they are not yet connected
to the carb throttle spring which should help them to open better.
I'm sure this has been covered a thousand times before but it's new to me so
many
thanks in advance...!
Jon

--------