Europa-List: FAA Special Certificate of Airworthiness

Subject: Europa-List: FAA Special Certificate of Airworthiness
From: Sidsel & Svein Johnsen <sidsel.svein@oslo.online.no>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 22:47:27
U.S. "Europeans",

After a lengthy appeal process, I have prevailed in a test case against the
Norwegian CAA.  Our Department of Transportation (DoT) has ruled that in
accordance with Norwegian law and regulations, a Special Airworthiness
Certificate shall be issued to my Experimental class aircraft for regular
operation, not a Permit To Fly which the CAA began issuing two years ago for
all Experimentals in Norway.

In order to have a well proven and tried certificate from another country as
comparison when I receive the new document, I would be very grateful if one
of you in the U.S. could scan and e-mail to me a copy of your aircraft's
Special Certificate of Airworthiness.  Tail number and name/address can be
deleted, but all other information should appear on the copy - particularly
any special provisions or limitations that may have been inserted by the
FAA.

I may share the copy with the board of the Norwegian chapter of EAA,
possibly also with officials of our CAA and DoT.

Regards,

Svein

LN-SKJ