Europa-List: Carb drip trays?

Subject: Europa-List: Carb drip trays?
From: JonSmith <jonsmitheuropa@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 00:24:16

Hi all, another quick question!
Is it considered to be either a/ mandatory, b/ highly recommended, c/ quite nice
to do, or d/ totally unnecessary, to fit drip trays/ heat shields to the Rotax
carbs?
I'm in the process of fitting a secondhand Rotax 912 ULS to my machine (as a
replacement
for an alternative engine type that was previously installed).  My "new"
engine in it's previous life did not have these fitted and just had the standard
cone shaped air filters.  It does have the Skydrive coolant-heated carb
heaters fitted to the carbs.
If the concensus of opinion is that I should have these drip trays fitted then
are the ones supplied by Rotax suitable/ good to use, or is there a better
alternative
available?
Thanks, Jon

--------