RE: Europa-List: Carb drip trays?

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Carb drip trays?
From: Terry Seaver terrys <terrys@cisco.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 10:28:50

Hi Jon,

We have a 912S in a mono-wheel XS, and found on occassion we were
getting vapor lock, due to heating of the carbs by the rear exhaust
pipes, just as they come out of the heads.  We cured this by wrapping
the carb bowls and fuel lines in that area with a heat shield material,
which is an eighth inch thick insulating fabric that has an aluminum
covering.  We used aluminum tape to keep it in place.

regards,
Terry Seaver
A135/N135TD