RE: Europa-List: Throttle cables

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Throttle cables
From: Gustavo Sessarego <gsessare@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 09:43:30

Hi Everybody=2C

I have almost ready to fly test a Europa monowheel with Jabiru 3300 and Aer
ocarb. the trottle systems is liske CESSNA but it did nto work well=2C to s
hort from close to full open and not acuracy. any suggestion for other kind
 of system ? (may be throttle system by aerocarb)

regards from Argentina=2C
GUSTAVO

> Date: Fri=2C 17 Sep 2010 09:45:36 +0100
> Subject: Re: Europa-List: Throttle cables
> From: europa@pstewart.f2s.com
> To: europa-list@matronics.com
>

> Jon
>
> The cables are notoriously sticky and can give rise to difficulty with ca
rb
> balancing. Some have replaced with piano wire. On advice from Conrad Beal
> (ConAir) we lubricated with ACF 50 and the cables run reasonably smoothly
.
> Don't rely on the carb springs to overcome much stickiness=2C they're not
 very
> powerful.
>
> Other useful advice from Conrad was make the throttle cable runs as smoot
> an arc as possible=2C mirrored L & R and well secured so that the outer d
oes
> not move when actuating the throttle.
>

> Regards
>
> Paul