Europa-List: Cold start problems

Subject: Europa-List: Cold start problems
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 01:35:06

In addition to my other problems my engine now won't start with the choke o
nly. I have to make repeated attempts=2C until eventually I get it going wi
th no choke and a little throttle.My throttle minimum idle position is at a
round 1300rpm. I assume it has something to do with the carbs=2C but they w
ere serviced by a Rotax agent not very long ago. Has anyone got any ideas w
here I should look ? I am able to start on one magneto for a softer start.
This is not my year=2C but at least the glider wings have been up a few tim
es.
Karl