Re: Europa-List: Woodcomp SR3000

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Woodcomp SR3000
From: Jos Okhuijsen <josoke@ukolo.fi>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 10:52:46

Hi Carl,

There were scimitar blades on mine.
The prop had been repaired at the factory, and arrived assembled.
I never checked the fine pitch again, which nearly cost me my life,
because it must have been too fine to stay airborne.
So once more, please be very careful and never fly in rain with one of
those, because that too fine pitch, combined with a short circuiting
microswitch will bite you.
Apart of mine, in the small circle i am aware of, i know of 2 cases of
shorting microswitches, one loose gearwheel on the motor (rendering the
blades to roam on their own.) and now pitch inaccuracy confirmed.
Wish you luck, you will need it!

Regards,

Jos Okhuijsen

Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk> kirjoitti Mon, 26 Jul 2010