Europa-List: Woodcomp SR3000

Subject: Europa-List: Woodcomp SR3000
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 23:01:12

Hi,

Anyone have the scimitar blade version of the SR3000.

We have just assembled ours back from the factory and the microswitch cams
appear to be set incorrectly - we were told by Woodcomp that they had been
set by the factory and all that would be needed was to reassemble the prop.

The adjustment instruction sheet says the fine pitch should cut out at 18
degrees (safety backup cut out at 17 degrees). Ours is tripping at 12.5
degrees so significantly less than the reccomended figure. I am wondering if
the angle settings are different for the scimitar blades as opposed to the
normal straight ones.

The coarse pitch switch trips at 27 degrees.

Does anyone have experience of setting up one of these props?

Thanks in advance.

Carl Pattinson
G-LABS