Re: SV: Europa-List: Trip to Denmark, Sweden and Norway

Subject: Re: SV: Europa-List: Trip to Denmark, Sweden and Norway
From: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 11:12:51

On 06/21/2010 09:27 AM, Sidsel og Svein Johnsen wrote:

> When do you expect to fly up here ?

When the weather permits. The weather for the end of the week looks
promising... so we might go there quite soon, within a few days
actually. We will just see what we can manage weather- and planning wise.
At the moment it looks like the first stop in Norway is in Lunde. From
there we might go up North, Geilo, Fagerness, and the Fjords. We
certainly would love to follow the entire coast line to the Northcape,
but we will leave that for another trip. This trip is intended to be a
try out, to gain some experience, with our airplane, camping gear, and
of course flying the Nordic countries.

>  I'll be on a trip to Normandie with my
> airplane the first week of July.

You must be passing the Netherlands then... but compared to Norway and
France it is probably not worth doing much more here than just
refuelling. At EHMZ they have mogas, from there you can easily reach
Normandie, so it is a perfect place to refuel before crossing the
Belgium airspace.

Frans