Europa-List: Trip to Denmark, Sweden and Norway

Subject: Europa-List: Trip to Denmark, Sweden and Norway
From: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 12:55:32

Hi everyone,

Ilona and I intent to make a flying/camping/hiking trip to Norway, and
we will travel from the Netherlands via Denmark, Sweden to Norway.

There have probably been some more Europa's to Norway, so maybe I can
get some advice here.

The main obstacle I see at the moment is that Norway requires one to go
to an airfield with a customs facility. The main airport of the capital
Oslo seems to be the only one within reach for us. There are two
problems with this: We don't see this as the most practical
camping/hiking facility so landing there would be only to satisfy the
customs and have no value for us, and secondly we are somewhat shy of
busy capital airports with commercial airliners all over the sky. ;-)

The AIP of Norway offers two alternatives: One is to invite customs to
another airfield, but then you have to pay for the transport and stay of
the officers (amount due is not mentioned, so they might come with 10
officers and make a big party out of it, and we have to pay for it), and
it utters something that for light aircraft travelling from Sweden there
could be made a somewhat easier arrangement. No further information is
given. I can write them a letter, but it might well be that it takes
long before I get an answer. I have no problem to land in Sweden if that
makes the whole thing easier.

Has anyone experience how to deal with this?

Any other recommendations regaring Denmark, Sweden and Norway are of
course welcome too!

Frans