Re: SV: SV: Europa-List: Trip to Denmark, Sweden and Norway

Subject: Re: SV: SV: Europa-List: Trip to Denmark, Sweden and Norway
From: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 23:12:26

On 06/20/2010 09:18 PM, Sidsel og Svein Johnsen wrote:

> Here is a good source for VFR flying in Norway, issued by our CAA:
> http://www.luftfartstilsynet.no/multimedia/archive/00006/VFR-guide_for_Norwa
> y__6222a.pdf

Your reply is most helpfull! Thank you very much!

> Norway is a Schengen country.  Maybe you are thinking of EU, which we are
> not a member of.

Ok, then I was wrong here. I remember from previous visits to Norway (by
commercial airplane, and by boat) that I had to go through customs, and
even got a stamp in my passport. But ok, my regular visits to Norway
ended some 10 years ago, so things have probably changed since then. I
still consider Norway as the most beautiful country of Europe, so that's
why, now I have an affordable way to travel, I look forward to going
there again.

> In another mail a day or two ago you asked about an island between Denmark
> and Sweden with an airstrip.  There are actually (at least) two such
> islands, Anholt (EKAT)and Ls (Laesoe) EKLS.

Yep, I saw these on the maps. I just wondered whether they were worth
visiting, and I'm pleased to hear that at least one of them is!

>>> Hey, I thought you are Swedish. Your airplane, doesn't it have a Swedish
> call sign, or do I confuse you with someone else?
> Our union with Sweden ended in 1905!  My airplane call sign is LN-SKJ

Ok, I did confuse you with someone else. Well, now I won't forget it
anymore. ;-)

Where are you located in Norway?

Thanks!
Frans