Europa-List: update, Piano hinge cowling

Subject: Europa-List: update, Piano hinge cowling
From: AirEupora <AirEupora@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 20:08:34

I ended up starting over.  The oil cooler was still hitting the bottom of the
cowl.
I ended up cut a square "V" in the bottom cowl.  That was my main problem
---From the beginning.

 I took the piano hinge off with a heat gun and then reinstalled the lower cowl.
I move it back a 1/4 inch and trim the excess off as it was hitting the back
of the prop bulkhead. I then had to re-drill the  holes and put cleos in them.
I measure the cowling from the lower nose landing gear and installed the lower
cowling.  An interesting thing was that the cowling was not the same on both
sides.  the left side was 41 1/2" from the floor.  The right was 41 1/4".
I then put the piano hinge back on and worked the hinge points until it dropped
into place and the rod would go in with a little pressure.  The top cowling
had to be trim back also and then the right side had to be trim to fit.  I does
now.

I'd like to thank all those that help me with this problem.

Read this topic online here:

Attachments:

http://forums.matronics.com//files/lower_cowl_003_391.jpg
http://forums.matronics.com//files/lower_cowl_002_504.jpg