Re: Europa-List: Re: Effects of Flaps and Ailerons on Pitch Trim

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Effects of Flaps and Ailerons on Pitch Trim
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 16:27:52

Hi Jon

Thanks for an exellent settlement!

> Variances:  A perfectly constructed and balanced
> tailplane will always have it's tabs flush with
> the tailplane in steady correctly trimmed
> flight, regardless of speed and attitude.
> Variation in build MAY affect this perfect
> state.  If the aerodynamic balance of the
> tailplane is not quite perfect (not quite the
> perfect tailplane profile section) then the
> balance of forces (created fore and aft of the
> torque tube) might not be quite perfectly equal
> with the trim tabs flush and so a slight tab
> deflection in the appropriate direction will be
> permanently needed in steady trimmed flight to
> balance the forces up again> --------
> G-TERN
> Classic Mono

I assumed earlier all the factory build NG
tailplanes are perfect but builder-built foam
structures are seldom ideal.
How is that - do there exist any Europas with foam
tailplanes flying with trimmed trimtabs perfectly
in-lined with tailplanes?

Was not that interesting: many people have built
ja flied with success their Europas and still they
could not understand it is principles how it
works?

Jos, welcome to D.D. Club   ;)    there are many
members already...

Terveisin, Raimo Toivio

Europa XS Mono OH-XRT #417

37500 Lempl