Europa-List: Re: Ditching checklist

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Ditching checklist
From: josok-e <josoke@ukolo.fi>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 01:13:36

As Graham once pointed out to me: There is still a lot of (thin) foam in the
fuselage
and wings, and it could well be that also the XS will float forever. Speeds
and attitude will be very important. Best glide fort my mono was 70, landing
speed with flaps down 55. At 55 and a stopped engine the sink rate will be
quite high, and the nose attitude high. Judging the height over water is quite
difficult. Summarizing i would raise the nose at a few meters over the water,
aim for 55 knots. which happens to be the right attitude for a hard runway,
and wait for the hit...

Regards,

Jos Okhuijsen

Read this topic online here: