Re: Europa-List: Re: Ditching checklist

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Ditching checklist
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 21:22:27
They say it would be a good practise to lock the wheel[s] by brakeing
before ditching.
So the gear will act a little bit longer as a water ski before sinking.

With mono, I would take the flaps and gear out to lower the speed and to
get a normal landing attitude.
When the flaps hit water masses w speed of say 40 knots, they will act
as a water brake for a while and separate I assume almost immediately.

My boat=C2=B4s top speed is around 58 knots and when jumping from one
wave to another wave I am happy it=C2=B4s stern is 2 inches thick
laminate.

When moderate or more waves (and wind): would you still prefer to land
headwind (and towards waves) or do you elect maybe landing sidewind (and
90 degrees to waves)?

Raimo OH-XRT