Re: Europa-List: Re: Electronic Mind Needed

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Electronic Mind Needed
From: JEFF ROBERTS <Jeff@rmmm.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 19:21:47

Guys,
Just to keep you up to speed as to where were I'm at.
Tonight before it got too dark I managed to check the following with
the engine at 2200 rpm's. At first after charging Battery, the voltage
check direct on the terminals was 12.5. The GG alternator inputs on
the regulator we're 15.7 AC so I'm assuming the engine is producing
correct voltage. I checked the +B out of the regulator and it read
only .55 volts DC. Moved the engine up to 3000 RPM's and the +G only
went to .55 volts. One of you said that should be 13.5 which is what I
thought to charge the battery. Keep in mind my regulator is brand new.
Just put it on because I thought the old one caused the problem.
Turned all lights on and everything on the direct reading on the
battery went to 11.8 volts DC. After about 7 to 10 min. that went to
11.5
I can only feel at this point the new regulator is bad and that the
main loose ground I had found last week may have caused me to believe
the old one was bad. What are my chances of buying a new regulator
thats bad? Is there any other reason anyone can think of that may
cause the +B regulator output to be only putting out a half of volt?
Your inputs are very welcome!

Jeff R.  N128LJ Gold Rush. Should have taking that shop course on
electronics 40 years back.