Re: Europa-List: Re: Electronic Mind Needed

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Electronic Mind Needed
From: Frans Veldman <frans@paardnatuurlijk.nl>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 17:36:56

On 04/09/2010 04:48 PM, JEFF ROBERTS wrote:
> I understand what you are saying about the +B & C connections... good
> points, but keep in mind my bird has been flying perfectly in it's
> current wiring form for over 200 hours. Just recent has this trouble
> come out.

Yes, I understand this, so I assume that something got broken in
between. Corroded contact, broken wire, that sort of things. The
regulator can just not charge the battery if it is not connected to the
battery, it is as simple as that. If you read no battery voltage at the
B+ tab, it simply means that the battery is not connected to the
regulator, and hence can not be charged.
I must assume that the battery has been connected properly in the past,
so something must have gone broken.

> I will be changing the C wire direct to the battery.

Before you do that, make sure that you read battery voltage at the B+
connector. This is where your battery receives alternator current, if
you measure no voltage here, it simply means the battery is not
connected to the regulator at all.

For the moment, keep the C wire connected to the B+ wire.

Just follow the troubleshooting steps I explained, in the correct order.

Succes,
Frans