Re: Europa-List: Re: Fuel tank installation without bonding it in

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Fuel tank installation without bonding it in
From: Peter Zutrauen <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 09:13:49
This is the first I have heard of thermal expansion being attributed as a
contributor to cracking.

It was my understanding that even the flourinated tanks swell, and it was
the swelling + adhesion of the epoxy (restricting the swelling locally,
creating point-stresses) which was the cause of some cracking. - Or have I
mis-understood the previous reports and email threads?

Thx,
Pete
A239

-tank not yet installed, and contemplating the design and construction of an
all-composite tank (...the Cozy and LongEze builders have geen doing it for
years...no?).