Re: Europa-List: Re: Fuel tank installation without bonding it in

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Fuel tank installation without bonding it in
From: rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 17:53:27

Hi Frans
"there has been at least one Europa lost to discharge
upon refueling."
" Any more information about
this?"
I remember wheninstalling my cockpit module
~2004I researched static discharges and fuel in plastic aeroplanes.
I forget if it was a formal report or mention but I am pretty certain it
happened and caused a total loss of a Europa caused by static discharge
when refueling. I have a folder with static info in it that is in my
engine crate. Next time I access engine will see if I made a copy, will
scan and post if I did. After my research instead of putting discharge
mesh down cobra and into tank and connect that to outlets of fuel tank I
am goingNevs route, damp cotton cloth onto filler before removing
cap. One bad thing you can avoid is filling a container that is not placed
on ground but held off,then pouring it into right away into your
plane.
Ron Parigoris