Re: Europa-List: Re: Fuel tank installation without bonding it in

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Fuel tank installation without bonding it in
From: rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 13:45:43

Hi Group
I posted this site before, but here it is again that speaks
why you want carbon lined teflon fuel line:
http://www.sacskyranch.com/statichose.htm.
I like Aeroquip 666 hose FWF, not only for long service life but it has a
smaller OD for a given ID of many hoses. It allowed me to sneak between
UCMF and tunnel. I fabricated SSbanjo ends :
http://www.europaowners.org/forums/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=28355.
You can purchase withcustom crimped ends instead of screw together
compression ends. My banjo end uses parts from the later.Jan I don't
think I would worry too much about static. I did a search a while back and
only thing i found was explosin in a helicopter or two from inside of fuel
system. I agree conductive both inside and outside is not a good idea.
Unless tank is near empty the mixture inside will be way too rich to
explode. Not much statis is going to be built up with minimal sloshing
going on in tank. Another stroy sending 30 to 40GPH or more through 914
fuel lines. The tank is so thick I don't know if you would ever puncture
it with a discharge. Now refueling is another story! I plan to make a
swipe with a damp cottom cloth of cap before removal. there has been at
least one Europa lost to discharge upon refueling. I don't see much
benefit to wool? There is not much movement of tank, did you want this for
cushion, anti chafe or?? Checking with factory is a good idea. If I were
to mount tank at this time, would probably just put a piece of saran wrap
on tank and lay up nice support. You don't want a cantelever from back
trying to hold tank up in front. Tunnel layup is good idea, staggering
layers for most part is always a good idea and is such here. Foam after
all is said and done still a good idea. All said that is unless you want
to install an aluminium tank at this point.
Ron Parigoris