RE: Europa-List: Rudder Lock

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Rudder Lock
From: Robert C Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 20:33:25

Hi! Frans
It was a completely independent steel creation and certainly weighs in XS of
any UK regulations but it is a special purpose trailor so circumvents some
of the pit falls. In actual fact it wasn't so much designed as evolved,
since to get the balance right for towing the twin axles were moved
rearwards three times and the wheels and tyres were up graded each time.
However I towed it to MT Propellers for harmonics tests in Bavaria behind my
Volvo Estate saloon.
It is fitted with two very large rear box doors which when closed
sufficiently balances the drawbar so that with the front axle mounted on
three inch ramps(with the aircraft inside) the draw bar can be lifted up by
one hand to about 4 ft high for easier discharge of the 'plane.
It is lined inside with spray on foam insulation which keeps it cool in high
summer.
The purpose being that it is a permanent safe hanger for parking on my
drive.
Regards
Bob Harrison.