Re: Europa-List: aileron etc weights [was: Europa 4-seater]

Subject: Re: Europa-List: aileron etc weights [was: Europa 4-seater]
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 18:39:55

Row - take it easy!

That "ideal weight for ailerons" was

- just after removing peel ply
- before horns
- before mass balances
and even
- before hinges!

I am sure your ailerons are first class and strong enough.

I could not find easily "ideal weights" or "my weights" for the flaps but I have
a memory they were around 2500 grams WITHOUT hinges again.

I think some kind of the proof of the high quality workmanship is that your
weights
between port and stbd-side flaps and ailerons are so near with each others
( flaps 3285g and 3225g - that means less than 2%, ailerons at 2505g and 2495g,
that means less than 0,4% !!!).

Instead of that I found a rudder weight. That was 1813 grams WITH rudder horn
but
before surface (and Mr Neville Eyre stated 1/12/1999 1800 grams would be ideal
and sooooo happy I were).

Are you happy now?

Raimo OH-XRT