Re: Europa-List: Reduce speed in approach

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Reduce speed in approach
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 01:07:57

Michel AUVRAY wrote:
> Hello graham;
> How are you?
> My problem is the next.I live near Grenoble now, and the airfield in
> mountains are sometimes short and it is important to have a sufficient
> low speed for landing.
> To day the monowheel offert a compromise flaps position. In the three
> wheels the position flap is 29 to 30? I am interested to obtain the
> same no more.
> To day my flaps are in 25 position.
> My idea is to install a handle on the flap tube command into the
> tunnel and the handle pass through one slot on the top of the tunnel,
> with three positions in order:
Hallo Michel!
I am good thank you, I trust you are well. I wish that I lived near
Grenoble!
I think your idea would be OK. Remember that at these deflections the
flap is producing a lot of drag.
I recommend when you land at these lower speeds you leave some power on,
increased power will reduce stall speed but you will need to be very
careful especially in gusty weather. A strong gust can instantly stall
the airplane.
Graham