Europa-List: What is best lubricant for wire rope and Tufnal?

Subject: Europa-List: What is best lubricant for wire rope and Tufnal?
From: rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 18:04:22

Hi Group

Rudder drive is nowcompleted in our XS Monowheel.

First question is what would be a good lubricant to get rid of a
squeek in the Tufnal rudder pedal bushings that would not swell them?

Second question is the rudder cables themselves have a bit more
friction than I would like where they run through nylon tubing (slight
change in direction in some areas). What would be a good lubricant for
rudder cable wire rope that would not hurt nylon? (Pointer finger can move
rudder pedals, but not pinkey at moment, worst deviation is 8 degrees)

Ron Parigoris