Re: Europa-List: Rotax 914 "what if"

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rotax 914 "what if"
From: rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 19:50:29

Hi David, Paul and Frans

I have aOdyssey PC545 battery and a
total los 2200mA NiMh emergency battery. There is also a SD20S with a LR3C
sitting on the vacuum pad. I also have an E-bus. Thx. for the input.

I too think that if the regulator fails, internal Rotax generator
will not run a fuel pump.

Anyway, my "what if" is
when flyingwith lots of fuel and not too much in the way of
landing areas I get some severe smoke in cockpit thought to be electrical
in nature.

In 10 seconds I can plumb electrons from my total
loss 2200mA NiMh battery to a fuel pump.

I would rather
troubleshoot on the ground or at least over an area I can land if needed
with a reasonable chance of sucess.

Thus my "what if"
question is can I extend the range of my total loss battery by turning on
and off the fuel pump?

"When" I am flying the AlCan
highway will probably be when I need to retrieve this piece of "what
if".

Ron Parigoris