RE: Europa-List: Rotax 914 "what if"

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Rotax 914 "what if"
From: Cori Hayth <kevann@gotsky.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 10:34:11

That's why you should consider redundant charging systems. A second
alternator and regulator.
While in phase 1 flight testing I ran the main tank dry to see what it's
like to switch the fuel selector to reserve and restart. While running
just 1 pump it sure seemed like a long time to restart, and that was at
3,000' over the airport!
I have not tested your "what if".

Kevin

Europa XS Mono-Wheel