Re: Europa-List: 914 Fuel Injected Update & Opinion

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 914 Fuel Injected Update & Opinion
From: Frans Veldman <frans@paardnatuurlijk.nl>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 09:14:04

craig bastin wrote:
> Frans, I am curious to know your reasoning with regard to not being able to
> "run a tank dry"
> before switching to reserve.

> virtually all EFI systems these
> days that use electric
> injectors dont need bleeding,

Good to hear this.
I'm really not into modern injector stuff, I just assumed that high
pressure injection stuff doesn't like air in the system. Apparently, I'm
not the only one concerned about this, as Bud also wrote: "Your concern
was the first thing I worked on with Jason."
It proves my point that the website lacks some information.

> Diesel engines on the other hand are a different story, run out of fuel and
> in most cases you HAVE to bleed
> and re-prime the whole system.

I have experience with a Diesel aircraft, so this fueled my concern. ;-)

--
Frans Veldman