Europa-List: Re: ROTAX 5 Year Rubber Replacement

Subject: Europa-List: Re: ROTAX 5 Year Rubber Replacement
From: bmoorhouse <barrymoorhouse@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 01:53:56

carl@flyers.freeserve. wrote:

> To be fair to Skydrive I dont think they are ripping anybody off - its just
> the price Rotax choose to charge and as they have a monopoly on parts they
> do (charge!). It doesent seem to matter where in the world you get your
> Rotax spares, they are the same cost everywhere. Its the price you pay for
> the paperwork that goes with genuine aircraft parts.
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> ---

Carl, Yes that was really helpful, exactly what I wanted many thanks - I will
check
out the links you provided.

I am not knocking Skydrive as I know that it is Rotax themselves who, in effect,
control the spares prices- I checked with a couple of overseas Rotax
distributors
and the prices are much the same.

I am still recovering from seeing 662 for a few rubber hoses and a handful of
other
bits. That would keep me in fuel for a whole year's flying.

--------
Barry Moorhouse
G-JHYS Trigear XS
Rotax 914 UL