Europa-List: ROTAX 5 Year Rubber Replacement

Subject: Europa-List: ROTAX 5 Year Rubber Replacement
From: bmoorhouse <barrymoorhouse@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 08:26:57

I apologise in advance if this is incorrect but this a repeat of a post I made
in the Rotax Engine List which may be answered by someone with a Europa in the
UK.

My ROTAX 914  is due (well actually overdue) for the mandatory 5 year
replacement
of rubber hoses, carburettor rubber parts etc. and I have a jaw dropping kit
price from the UK Rotax distributor of 661.25 for the parts :x

This seems ludicrously expensive. Some of the parts maybe Rotax specific (e.g.
the carb mounting rubbers ?) but many of them are "off the shelf" from other
suppliers
- e,g the Bing carburettor diaphragms, standard 12mm vacuum oil hose
etc. and a rough total cost for buying these would be less than half the
"official"
Rotax spares.

Now as far as the LAA are concerned is it OK to use these totally compatible and
standard parts or would they be regarded as "modifications" as they are not
"true" Rotax spares.

--------
Barry Moorhouse
G-JHYS Trigear XS