Europa-List: Re: Cleaning windshield - how to do it safely?

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Cleaning windshield - how to do it safely?
From: rampil <ira.rampil@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 07:42:45

"pledge on Plexi"

Interesting! Yes I have heard that motorcyclists use furniture polish on
their windshields.

The methyl methacrylate product manufacturers like LP Aero (George)
say it is a bad idea.  Then again, they profit from the sale of specialty
cleaners and polish.

I got quite an education on swirls and scratches at SnF last week.
A key notion, not mentioned previously is that when cleaning the plexi,
first use copious water spray, then wipe with cotton with only LINEAR
strokes.

I trust George's products for reducing swirl marks.

I also have a scratch or two for which George sent me to the MicroMesh
tent for their repair kit.

I am awaiting delivery!  I'll then report back!

Ira

--------
Ira N224XS

Read this topic online here: