Europa-List: Trim Damper Assembly

Subject: Europa-List: Trim Damper Assembly
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 10:37:18

All,

Before bonding on the top, I want to be certain that the Trim Damper
Assembly is properly adjusted, particularly w/ respect to the amount
of friction when it moves in the slot in TS01. As far as I can tell,
the Build Manual does not address this question, yet it would appear
to be key to having the pitch control system function properly without
burning up the pitch trim motor. I can't seem to get my mind around
the function of this seemingly elaborate confusion of spring, tube,
thru bolt, and nuts of various sizes...it's complexity suggests that,
when properly adjusted, it performs a critical function.

I reference Fig. 2, p. 19-2, and Step 4 & Fig. 6 on p. 19-4.

Can anyone please enlighten me on what proper adjustment would be?

Thanks in advance,

Fred

--
believed to be clean.