Re: Europa-List: Mod 70

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Mod 70
From: Tim Houlihan <houlihan@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 10:39:38

Karl.
I may be wrong on this as I am working from my memory which can be very
suspect.
My understanding of the Mono undercarriage is that the rubber bungee's
are there to assist with lifting the wheel assembly to the retracted
position. The suspension is managed by the "rubber" block between the
reaction plates. any damping is due to the "thwack" effect mentioned by
Graham, or by the optional , at least it was optional on the Classic,
twin shock absorbers fitted through the middle of the elastomer block.

Tim