Re: Europa-List: Trim Damper Assembly

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Trim Damper Assembly
From: Gerry Cole <gccole13@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 16:25:17
Fred,
    I have an email from Andy Draper, dated may, 2002, which could be
out of date by now. This states:
The correct force that the friction damper should resist is 5kg +0/-1kg
at 90 degrees to the long arm (the one that the servo attaches to)
    At the time I thought this was a hell of a load and I settled for
the lower end of the range.

    Since you still have the top off, you could check that the trim tab
servo internal limit stop on full nose up trim cuts in before the trim
bellcrank hits the tab link rod when full up elevator is applied ( a
very unlikely combination I know). On my early mono wheel kit I had to
shorten the two plastic clevis forks by 3mm so that they could bottom
out when screwed on to the servo link rod. Maybe the factory made this
mod on later kits.

Gerry Cole