Re: Europa-List: Trim Damper Assembly

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Trim Damper Assembly
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 12:55:19

Hi Fred

I did it as follows:

According my building diary, 2nd February 2003 I purchased a simple fish scale
(I hate fishing), connected it to the bellcrank TS03 by 90 degrees. I adjusted
the damper unit until it gave up exactly when there was a force 4,5 kg = 10 lbs
when I pulled the fish scale. I do not remember from where I got this tip to
complete the task. I assume 4,5 kg is a medium size fish!

That was the first and last time all together I use fish scale in my life time.
That scale is in my buiding museum now.

I confirm my stabs have done their job well.

Raimo OH-XRT