Re: Europa-List: Woodcomp Propellers

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Woodcomp Propellers
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 16:42:50

Jos I suspect you had your mind on other things! Carl Pattinson has been
requested by the LAA to modify the mechanical end stop of his prop to stop
it being able to go into reverse. He has the prop from William Mills
aircraft, which happens not to have been on William's plane when he crashed.
It is one of the earliest SR3000s. Carl has recently dismantled it and the
mechanical end stop is there, taking the form of a stud  sliding in a
groove, with the length of the groove determining the mechanically possible
pitch range.
Regards, David Joyce, G-XSDJ