Europa-List: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Re=3A_Europa-List=3A_Woodcomp_Propellers?

Subject: Europa-List: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Re=3A_Europa-List=3A_Woodcomp_Propellers?
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 17:55:22

As David says there is definitely a groove and a limiting stop in Williams
prop - photos herewith..

I have just sent it back to Woodcomp for them to shorten the length of the
groove so the blades can't travel beyond the fine setting (ie: into reverse
pitch).

It isnt clear but the end stops are 6mm allen head bolts through the front
hub. These slot into the grooves limiting the blade travel.

It should be fairly obvious that if a prop is capable of going into reverse
pitch, a physical end stop wont prevent the blades going into a dangerous
condition if the servo motor continues to run past the fine setting.
Presumably that is the reason there is a backup microswitch which should cut
off the power if the primary switch fails.

However both the fine setting switches will be over ridden if the control
circuitry initiates reverse pitch !!! One assumes this would not normally
happen unless the reverse pitch switch was engaged (ie: by the pilot).

Carl Pattinson