RE: Europa-List: Rigging/Derigging

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Rigging/Derigging
From: Steve Hagar <hagargs@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 05:02:29

Roland:

I have gone through the  routine quite a few times and 5 minutes seems
quite a stretch. You spend more time  opening a hangar up pulling the plane
out and closing the hangar up.  As noted somewhere else the  initial build
is very, very important unless you want to spend a bunch of time  bumping
and jiggeling things to get them to line up. A two person operation will be
the  most expedient way.  I spend 5 minutes just unsecuring the plane from
the trailer and removing fixturing.  I figure 15 to 20 minutes before I can
start doing the preflight.  Then again I have  a mono and  have a dolly
that holds the plane up without the  wings on .  That takes a couple of
minutes to remove.
The biggest pain is handling everything.  No matter what there are always
the  small dings, bumps, and scrapes.  You just about have to wear clean
cotton gloves to keep everything looking good.

Steve Hagar
A143
Mesa, AZ

within 5 Minutes and drive home with it, this is really an issue to reduce
the running costs. Onother advantage would be the possibility to fill up
the tank at the filling station much cheaper and do maintanance at home.
> Is there anyone of you who rigs his aircraft before any flight? How long
does it take you from the trailer in the air and is it inevitable doing
this with two persons?