Europa-List: tank support layups

Subject: Europa-List: tank support layups
From: Rowland Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 00:27:58

Done it again - come up against a query on a Friday after the factory
tech help has gone off for the weekend!

I'm trying to set up the tank for the T-shaped support layups.

(1) the tunnel in the tank and the one in the cockpit module baggage
area differ in level by about 30mm; the manual shows them
more-or-less level with a layup sailing across. Also, the profiles of
the tunnel are quite different on the tank and CM which makes the
step bigger in places. I've put in the recommended 20mm spacer
between the headrest area and the tank, and the bottom of the tank is
almost flush with the bottom of the cockpit module, so things are
correctly aligned there. Have I positioned something wrong, or is it
OK to have a 30mm joggle in the layup?

(2) how have people done the parts of the number 2 & number 3 layups
that go between the tank and the CM? Seems they would need to be put
in position with the tank slightly displaced from its correct
position to allow room to work, but shifting the tank around doesn't
seem a good idea if the number 1 layup at the front of the tank is
already done.

Any ideas?

regards

Rowland