Re: Europa-List: Cutting off back of cockpit module

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Cutting off back of cockpit module
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 17:12:00

Greg,

I went back to my build site to refresh my memory on how I trimmed
that part of the CM.

Year #2, Q4 2003, pics 6 & 7 show the CM ready to bond in place.  You
can get a good idea how I trimmed my CM there.

You certainly can trim it as you indicate and provide additional
bonding area and strength, but understand that it will be at a weight
penalty.

Yes, there are lots of critters ready to take over your space and many
are willing and able to fight you for it.  I need to work out some
better way to seal the big door on my shop from the critters.  Also
seal in some heat!

Check six,
Bob Borger
Europa Kit #A221 N914XL, XS Mono, Intercooled 914, Airmaster C/S
http://www.europaowners.org/N914XL
(99.999% done) Essentially complete.  Running Tests & Final Inspections.
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208
Home:  940-497-2123
Cel:  817-992-1117