RE: Europa-List: Fein saw

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Fein saw
From: Greg Fuchs <gregoryf.flyboy@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 22:07:03

Graham,
Thanks, at least I know now that the original Fein tool works.
It does seam like it would work with fiberglass like a knife through butter.
Regards,
Greg

(original message reproduced)
>The Fein saw is an oscillating saw which seems to cut through many hard
>surfaces, including fiberglass. When it appeared on a TV commercial, I
>wanted to buy this saw to try on the Europa, until the large price tag ( I
>think it was around $350 US dollars, or so. Ian Rickard discussed this saw
>on page 12 of the December issue of The Europa Flyer.

>I noticed that there is a knock-off of this saw at Harbor Freight. It is
>new to them, and appeared in the adds over Christmas on sale for 39.99
>(down from 49.99). If anyone has tried this saw to check its
>reliability/working, let me know. Meanwhile, I am in no hurry, and waiting
>for it to go on sale again.

>Thanks,
>Greg Fuchs   A050

I have a Fein Tool, it is superb but as you say Expenive!! So are the
cutters for it. It does work though and there are a few jobs it will
make easy so it would be a good investment.
I don't know anyone who has tried the Harbor Freight tool yet.
Graham