Re: Europa-List: A question about post curing?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: A question about post curing?
From: grroberts3@juno.com
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 19:52:00

I went solar with mine.  Of course, it helps if your in Arizonia in July.
 I peaked at 160, and held 130 for over 8 hours.

GRoberts A187

<jeffrey-j-paris@excite.com> writes:
Dear Listers,

A question about post curing our epoxy parts.  Today we built ourselves
an "oven" for baking our parts at the appropriate 40-50 degree celsius
for post cure.  We built a 16' X 4' X 4' enclosure out of foil claded 4X8
sheets of insulation foam.  The box is backed up to a basement brick
fireplace (no open flames) in which I would like to place a suitable
heating element.  I also have use of an attic fan to low air around the
cavity.

Has anybody attempted this before?  And if so what did you use to heat
the space.  I went to a website that helps you calculate the heating
requirements for 256 cubic feet of space @ 50 degrees celsius came to
about 8900 btu's, however, heat does build up and I want a consistent
heat over a period of hours therefore I will need a thermostat of sorts I
would guess.

Any advice out there?  I'm not a  thermo engineer just an individual
Europa builder who's looking for an inexpensive way to do the job.

Cheers and Happy Holidays,

Sincerely,

Jeff  and Peter Paris  Kit# A012 Monowheel Classic

  Cooking School
Become a Top Chef!
Click here for more information

Earn your associate's criminal justice degree and start your career training
today.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/PnY6rw2jutgPpfcoVu1OMMIP1qtR2VKO5Ing0LPGkNdEyjDew0wQA/