RE: Europa-List: A question about post curing?

Subject: RE: Europa-List: A question about post curing?
From: Robert C Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 08:27:17
Hi! Jeffrey
You won't be able to imitate my scheme without an insulation lined
covered trailer but for what it's worth I had two 2kw fan/convector
heaters with their own thermostats.
But I regularly monitored the enclosed area with a digital thermometer
by going into it. Seriously much better to start it early morning and
the temperature "climb" and "decent" need to be over long periods to
allow the polystyrene to normalize gradually. My trailer allowed me to
do all parts including the fuselage simultaneously, the wings and all
flying surfaces being cured fully assembled and adequately supported.
I find myself somewhat pleased you have reminded me why I built such an
expensive trailer !
IMHO don't just rely on thermostat control ...don't trust it take
regular readings from different locations.
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG